- At last, an article of commonsense and clarity. A long time coming, but well worth the wait. Vy mny tnks fr it. I have been licenced for 30yrs, but can still learn.
- Mark, you have hit the nail on the head! What a fabulous and complete guide on how to operate! This should be required reading for every ham, old and new.
- Thanks for a very good article, I am new at Ham radio, and you are right .. I have my license but not a clue how to use it .. the article was very helpful ... thanks.
- I got my license in 1979. I read your Operator Practices and they are wonderful. I wrote an article for my club newsletter saying how much I agreed with them and gave the website. These are not just for new hams but some of our older hams who have forgotten what their Elmers have taught them. Thank you for writing them. 73.
- Tnx Mark. Been qrv since 1952 but this site given me a few tips!
- Very Good advice, I have been a "Ham" since 1966, and I have heard most if not all the wrong on the air practice.
- Mark, do the ham comunitiy a favor and send a copy of this to ARRL for possible publication. I think many could learn or at least review each and every part of your article, one of the best I have read in my fifty years as a ham op. Thank you!!!
- Your "Amateur Radio Operating Practice" paper is very well done. All amateur radio operators, both new to the hobby and old timers (licensed 42 years) like myself should read the paper and take note and practice the sound radio operating practices that you have highlighted in your paper.
- Thanks Mark, Ive only been at it for 18 years and Im still learning something new! Some great pointers for the new Ham, and older ones alike. Etiquette is a powerful word!
- Excellent article "Operating Practice french" !!!!!!!! Si tous les OM faisaient comme cela, quel bonheur.
- OPERATING PRACTICE : A practical guide on operational procedures. Molto utile ed interessante. GRAZIE ne farò buon uso.
- I like the article. I am just about to start tutoring a Foundation Licence Course here and I will give them all a copy of this when they have passed.
- This should be included in the licensing exam in every country world wide. Well done Mark and thanks for sharing it.
- Everyone should read this. Well written and thought out. Good Work!
- This should be mandatory reading for all taking up the hobby! Well done.
- As a "newbie", I found the section on calling CQ very informative. I will try and do better!
- Excellent page! I've been a ham for years, but the ways of DX have always been mysterious for me. Your operating practice page cleared up a lot of things I've been wondering about. Thanks!
- Excellent and should be REQUIRED reading for every new ham, and for all the xxxxxx out there that already are up doing just the opposite of what you say.
- Gracias por tus sabios consejos, basados en tu experiencia personal. Gracias de nuevo a Luis (EA5KY)por permitir entender todo lo que nos tenías que decir a los nuevos y a los veteranos radio amateurs.
- Great website; the article on 'Operating Practice' is outstanding.
- Well done on an excellent site, I found the operating practices section very refreshing. Learn the Phonetic Alphabet people!!!!
- Excellent site and well worth the reading. I am an experienced ham but must admit it made me think about my own operating procedures. I have a website of my own and will be adding a link to this page, I think every licenced ham should read this.
- As a newly qualified M3 operator I have found your operating practice pages of great interest and printed them to keep for future reference. Many Thanks.
- Superbe article, superbe Vademecum! Je ne puis que vous féliciter.
- Excellent article on operating practice... it should be a must for anyone who hits the airwaves.
- I liked your article very much, thanks a lot! Sure I know all about these things you're writing about, but my guess I would never write it that clear language you've done! Great release for starters as well as experienced DX'ers!
- I read your paper about ham spirit and operating practice. I like it very much. Being Dxer for more than 30 years I do agree with any single phrase.
- That's the page I've been seeking for a long time!
- Bonjour Mark, merci pour votre manuel opératoire, de bons conseils, de bonnes manières pour tous... manuel très bien fait, félicitations...
- Un grand Bravo pour toutes ces informations (ou ces rappels d'informations). J'espère que beaucoup d'OM's seront en masure de les lire et surtout de les appliquer.
- Un chapitre à lire obligatoirement avant de recevoir son indicatif radioamateur. Bravo.
- Great article on operating practices. This is something we stress over and over in our training sessions here. We cover most of what you did and stress the importance of keeping the ears open and listening. Thanks for putting it in print.
- Hello Mark, just finished reading this and have to agree it makes a lot of sense. It's so easy to be nice and to be polite.
- Hi Mark: Absolutely great write-up. As an avid DXer for 50 years (Honor Roll), I remember when DX operations were conducted in this manner. I wish they still were, but it seems things have changed and not necessarily for the better. I hope all the new Hams read your effort and act accordingly.
- I agree on everything. Amateur radio could be heaven if everyone reads your Operating Practice...
- Hi Mark, as already said per e-mail this is a great article with many useful tips. I have a put a link to it on my website.
- Awesome article. Tnx to DX magazine & yourself for sharing this EXCELLENT piece of work. Should be required reading by all. Will look forward to seeing some more of your writing in the future.
- Super bien votre texte,il ne suffit pas de bien connaître la matière, mais il faut surtout bien la pratiquer et respecter les règles.
- Superbe article à lire, à méditer et surtout à appliquer par tout le monde sur nos différentes bandes de fréquence. Que la vie serait belle !!!!
- Hello, interesting tips and language. I read it from beginning to end even though i'm not a ham yet!
- Félicitations, article à lire et à relire.
- Dear Mark, tnx for your help! You did a great job by writing Operating Practice. All I can say to you and to all of the fellow HAM operators, it works ... See you in the pileups.
- What a terrific article, Mark...well said and well written.
- Some good reminders here, thanks for taking the time and effort.
- Mark - your article was WONDERFUL; full of excellent information for the novice and even for "so-called" experienced Hams. I am sending your URL to all of the members of our Ham Class here in Halifax, and posting it in the next edition of our Club News Letter.
- Hi Mark! I did not get time enough to read all you wrote about "Operating Practice" but I read most of it and I'll forward the link to as many new Hams, but also to many OT. I can just agree with you and you have all my support.
- FB Article OM!!! We ALL need to keep this as a refresher course as well as letting the new guys read it!!!
- Hello Mark, thanks a lots for the "Operating Practice", I read most of it and I'll forward to my link to as many new Hams, I can agree with you and you have all my support.
- Great work Mark. Very interesting and helpful. Keep it up!
- This is excellent material! With your permission, I would like to post this on both our Arkansas Section Page and our Arkansas Amateur Youth Page. Again, a great article with a huge amount of good information for the newcomer and experienced op alike. I congratulate you on putting this together in such a reader friendly format.
- Just a quick note to thank you for the Operating Practice memo. Great job! I will pass that out at our Radio Club meetings, and if I may, will post your web site URL on our on website - is that okay?
- MARK THANK YOU FOR PUTTING INTO WORDS WHAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING FOR YEARS!
- I think that u gave great deal to the ham community with ur article. Tnx.
- I think we all share your views on poor operating techniques and as you say we all make mistakes but some do it all the time...
- Very timely - just started some new training classes here for locals desiring to be amateurs. A lot of what you aspire is applicable. Thanks.
- You hv covered all phases in outstanding style. I just was in the mood to scan through ea area. Is this data in booklet form?? If not ARRL with deep pockets should put this presentation in their courses & provide this info in their library series!! I am at 332 now but my hearing & patience is down, i.e. my call 100 times missed P5 & at 89 only I care. Plenty of egos in DX club, I hear their calls when I know they dont need the dx station!! I will put this item in SAVE but not sure who would appreciate reading this. QST should contain this. I dont take CQ but it should be read there.
- Great article! I put something in the Friday issue of The Daily DX and will do the same in The Weekly DX on Monday.
- Looks great! The ham community owes you a big "THANK YOU" for this work - and frankly, your article fills a need, for both old and new ops.
- Bonjour Mark, un article formidable dont, à l'heure actuelle où le ham spirit "fout le camp", un grand nombre d'OM ferait bien de s'inspirer, de lire et encore de le lire et de le garder comme livre de chevet.
- Merci Merci Merci Dank u Merci et encore MERCI. Merci a toi pour ce travail de qualité qui a du prendre pas mal de temps.
- Bravo! Quel GRAND travail. 73 du Sénégal.
- Toutes mes félicitations pour cette initiative, cest vraiment un très bon travail, jai mis un lien sur le site de notre association. Jespère que beaucoup doms le liront et mettront en application toutes ces recommandations.
- Great article Mark. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. I've been a ham since 1960 and recently got back into the hobby. I'm encouraging our club to provide a link to your website in order to foster better operating practices in the local area. CQ magazine listed your website in one of their articles on operating pile ups. This would be some great material to add to the licensing exams!
- Compliments pour votre article ! Ah si tout le monde pouvait le lire et .............................appliquer !!!
- I have just read your article Operating Practice with great interest and joy. It is a very good article, which deserves to be published in, i.a., many a national ham radio magazine.
- Great jobMark, many of the same problems exist here in the US, our club is starting classes on good operating skills for "new" and "old timers "and will incorporate some of your ideas.
- Hello Mark, your article "Operating Practice" seems us to be so interesting, that we are considering translation, some modification and publishing this text in our Czech Radioclub member's magazine Radioamater.
- Hello Mark. I
came across your fine piece of work titled Operating Practice. I have made a
translation of your document in Greek. Currently is posted in a greek ham forum
for other Greek hams to see and comment on it.
- Mark; Very good
article as far as I am concerned as an instructor and previous examiner for
new hams. This is an area that we cannot cover adequately in classroom time
frame and the listening portion importance always comes into play for sure.
We will not stop all conflicts of course but somehow would
like to see this sent out to RAC /ARRL etc; as a link to read this message as I believe it is a worthwhile read for all hams in all countries.
- Hello Mark, I found your page Operating Practice today and I was very happy, because I was searching such an article since a while.
- Sin duda un buen articulo a tener en cuenta, FELICIDADES por intentar que la Radioafición sea cada vez más entendida, y por consiguiente los radioaficionados sepamos actuar con mejores hábitos
- Mark, enhorabuena y muchas gracias por tu excelente explicación, sin duda tu experiencia volcada en dichas explicaciones serán de gran ayuda, no solo para los que comienzan en la radio, sino también para los veteranos que, a veces, olvidamos las cosas mas sencillas al enredarnos con las mas rebuscadas.
- Hola Mark, el artículo sobre "Práctica Operativa" es excelente. Felicitaciones !
- Mark: esta muy
bueno el articulo,debería ser conocido por todos los aspirantes a radio-aficionados.
- Hi! My congratulations for the fine business job about it. I'm a brazilian ham.
- WOW! One of the best articles ever about Ham Radio! You did a great job on that one Mark! Thanks very much for taking the time to write about Ham Operating Practice.
- Good morning Mark, abt your manual, is not a document, but OM BIBLE! Hi ! Many thanks and congratulations !
- Hello Mark. Thank
you for the 160mtr qso last CQ WW. I visited your web site and found your "Operating
Practice" article. It is very useful and interesting. I think it is a good
lecture for all - novices and "old sharks" hi...
- Well done and mni congrats! You have done what I felt was needed, and you have done it well. Whilst I have always taken a pride in trying to operate properly and considerately, I have learnt a few things from your 19 pages. I do find that I slowly learn on my own, and have been amazed how I often get a reply first time in a Pile-up. I analysed why, and found that I had modified some of my operating habits, and bingo, the explanation is in your article.